In this blog I am going to discuss firearms. It is very important that you know how to handle a firearm. You should know how to use it proficiently, by taking a course given by an expert. Then you must practice using the firearm and know the unique characteristics of each different type of firearm. You must also know how to safely store it and be willing to use it.
In 2010 there were six hundred self-inflicted accidental deaths caused by improper use of firearms. It is very important to know your firearm and have practice using it.
The best weapon to use:
For self defense, a pump shot-gun.
Handguns require more skill to use efficiently. There are two different kinds:
There are some basic rules for operation and safety of a firearm:
- Always assume the firearm is loaded.
- Never point the firearm at something you don’t intend to kill.
- Keep the safety on until you are ready to fire.
- Keep your finger off the trigger and only move it to the trigger when ready to fire.
- Take a gun or hunter-safety course.
- Practice as much as you can.
This is just a little information on firearms. Obviously its very important to use firearms safely especially because of the number of deaths they cause.
Courtley, C. (2012). SEAL survival guide: A Navy SEAL’s secrets to surviving any disaster. New York: Gallery Books.